Riding a motorcycle is an exhilarating experience, but it can also be dangerous if proper safety measures are not taken. One of the most critical safety measures is wearing a helmet. A motorcycle helmet not only protects your head in the event of an accident but also reduces wind noise and fatigue during long rides.
In recent years, Bluetooth technology has been integrated into motorcycle helmets, allowing riders to stay connected while on the road. A Bluetooth motorcycle helmet allows you to listen to music, take phone calls, and even communicate with other riders in your group without ever taking your hands off the handlebars.
When purchasing a Bluetooth motorcycle helmet, there are a few crucial things to consider. First and foremost, the helmet must meet safety standards set by the Department of Transportation (DOT) or the Snell Memorial Foundation. It’s also essential to consider the helmet’s battery life, range, and ease of use.
We spent hours researching and testing various Bluetooth motorcycle helmets to identify the best ones on the market. In this article, we’ll share our top picks and provide all the necessary information to help you make an informed decision when choosing the best Bluetooth motorcycle helmet for your needs.
Best Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmets
If you’re a motorcycle rider, you know how important it is to have the right gear. One of the most essential pieces of gear is a helmet, and with the advancement of technology, Bluetooth motorcycle helmets have become increasingly popular. These helmets allow you to stay connected while on the road, whether it’s to listen to music, take phone calls, or even get GPS directions. In this article, we’ve rounded up the best Bluetooth motorcycle helmets on the market to help you make an informed decision.
If you’re looking for a reliable and durable Bluetooth motorcycle helmet, the Cardo Systems Spirit Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication Headset is a great option.
- The 2-way BT intercom allows communication between two riders up to 400m / 0.25mi away.
- The advanced processor and thin 32mm speakers provide an immersive sound experience.
- The unit is universally compatible with any other Bluetooth headset of any brand.
- The headset is not waterproof.
- The automatic volume feature may not always adjust to the outside ambient noise accurately.
- The audio quality may not be the best in windy conditions.
The Cardo Systems Spirit Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication Headset is easy to install and use. The unit connects with any other Bluetooth headset of any brand, making it a universal option. The 2-way BT intercom allows communication between two riders up to 400m / 0.25mi away, making it a great option for group rides. The advanced processor and thin 32mm speakers provide an immersive sound experience, allowing you to enjoy your favorite tunes on the road. Additionally, the unit is equipped with over-the-air software updates, ensuring you always have the latest version.
However, the headset is not waterproof, so it may not be the best option for riders who frequently ride in wet conditions. The automatic volume feature may not always adjust to the outside ambient noise accurately, which can be a bit frustrating. Additionally, the audio quality may not be the best in windy conditions, so riders who frequently ride in windy areas may want to consider other options.
Overall, the Cardo Systems Spirit Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication Headset is a great option for riders who want a reliable and durable Bluetooth motorcycle helmet.
If you’re looking for a reliable and feature-packed Bluetooth motorcycle helmet, the GEARELEC Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset is definitely worth considering.
- The HiFi 3D sound effects and amazing bass make for a truly immersive audio experience, even at high speeds.
- The display screen shows all the information you need, including battery capacity and Bluetooth pairing state, and the RGB color flow light strip adds a cool touch.
- The latest Qualcomm 5.2 Bluetooth chip provides faster, more stable connections, and the headset can support up to 6 riders for clear intercom communication within a maximum range of 6500 feet.
- The battery life could be better, with only 60 hours for listening to music and 50 hours for continuous calling.
- The speakers are a little pitchy when playing music, but this is to be expected for the price point.
- The communication distance may be affected by buildings or other obstacles.
We recently had the chance to test out the GEARELEC Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset, and we were impressed with its overall performance. The HiFi 3D sound effects and amazing bass really make a difference, providing a truly immersive audio experience that enhances the riding experience.
The display screen is also a great feature, showing all the information you need at a glance and making it easy to navigate the headset’s various functions. The RGB color flow light strip adds a cool touch, and we appreciated the many convenient features such as voice assistant and one-click switching for intercom/music.
The latest Qualcomm 5.2 Bluetooth chip provides faster, more stable connections, and we were able to connect up to 6 riders for clear intercom communication within a maximum range of 6500 feet. However, we did notice that the communication distance may be affected by buildings or other obstacles.
Overall, we think the GEARELEC Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset is a great choice for anyone in the market for a reliable and feature-packed Bluetooth motorcycle helmet.
If you’re looking for a reliable and high-quality Bluetooth communication system for your motorcycle helmet, the Cardo Systems FREECOM 2X is definitely worth considering.
- The live intercom feature allows for exceptional audio quality and seamless communication with another rider up to 800m/0.5mi away.
- The setup process is quick and easy, and the long-lasting battery ensures that you won’t have to worry about recharging during your ride.
- The FM radio reception is excellent, and the sound quality for music and phone calls is top-notch.
- The speakers need to be positioned properly over your ears to get the best sound quality, which may take some adjusting.
- Some users have reported issues with hearing voices in songs or during phone calls.
- The price point may be higher than some other options on the market.
Overall, we highly recommend the Cardo Systems FREECOM 2X for its exceptional audio quality, easy setup, and reliable performance. The live intercom feature is a standout, allowing for seamless communication with another rider, and the FM radio reception is a nice added bonus. While the speakers may require some adjusting to get the best sound quality, the overall performance of this communication system is top-notch.
Sena SMH10-11 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset / Intercom with Universal Microphone Kit (Single) , Black Single SMH10-11
If you’re a motorcyclist looking for a reliable and high-quality Bluetooth headset, the Sena SMH10-11 is definitely worth considering.
- Long-range music sharing and intercom for motorcyclists–up to 900 meters (980 yards)
- Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity to listen to and share music, make phone calls with speed dialing, and participate in a four-way intercom conversation
- Advanced Noise Control technology cuts down on background noise for both incoming and outgoing audio.
- The device is not waterproof, so it’s important to be careful when riding in wet conditions.
- The battery life could be longer, especially for longer rides.
- The device may be a bit bulky for some riders.
We’ve been using the Sena SMH10-11 for a few weeks now, and we’re really impressed with the quality and performance of this Bluetooth headset. The long-range music sharing and intercom feature is a game-changer, allowing us to stay connected with other riders up to 900 meters away. The Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity is seamless, and we love being able to listen to music and make phone calls while we ride.
One of the best features of the Sena SMH10-11 is its Advanced Noise Control technology. This feature really does cut down on background noise, making it easier to hear incoming audio and making our outgoing audio clearer to others. This is especially important when we’re riding on busy roads or highways.
While the Sena SMH10-11 is a great device, there are a few downsides to consider. The device is not waterproof, so it’s important to be careful when riding in wet conditions. Additionally, the battery life could be longer, especially for longer rides. Finally, the device may be a bit bulky for some riders, so it’s important to consider the size and weight before purchasing.
Overall, we highly recommend the Sena SMH10-11 for any motorcyclist looking for a reliable and high-quality Bluetooth headset. With its long-range music sharing and intercom feature, Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity, and Advanced Noise Control technology, it’s definitely worth the investment.
If you’re looking for a Bluetooth motorcycle helmet, the GDM VENOM Motorcycle Helmet + GDM SUPERSONIC Bluetooth Headset bundle is a great option that maximizes safety and comfort while riding on the road, street, or highway.
- The Bluetooth 5.0 technology offers riders single button control for hands-free calling, answering, rejecting incoming phone calls, listening to music, and GPS navigation audio.
- The helmet’s aerodynamic shell design is constructed using advanced lightweight composite poly-alloy shell, and features interchangeable shields, removable & washable liner and cheek pads.
- The fully charged battery provides 12 hours of talk time and 120 hours of standby. It is weatherproof and features premium HiFi stereo speakers for clear sound quality.
- The size guide is for reference only and cannot guarantee perfect fit.
- The helmet is not equipped with a pre-installed Bluetooth module, which means you’ll have to install it yourself.
- The helmet is not the loudest, but it allows you to still hear around you fairly well.
We recently got our hands on the GDM VENOM Motorcycle Helmet + GDM SUPERSONIC Bluetooth Headset bundle, and we were impressed with its features. The Bluetooth 5.0 technology is easy to use, and the single button control allows you to answer calls, listen to music, and navigate without any hassle. The helmet’s aerodynamic design is also a plus, as it reduces wind noise and drag while riding.
The fully charged battery provides ample talk time and standby time, and we found the sound quality to be clear and crisp. The helmet is also weatherproof, so you don’t have to worry about getting caught in the rain.
However, the size guide is for reference only, so you’ll need to measure your head carefully to ensure a proper fit. Additionally, the helmet is not equipped with a pre-installed Bluetooth module, which means you’ll have to install it yourself. Finally, the helmet is not the loudest, but it allows you to still hear around you fairly well.
Overall, we think the GDM VENOM Motorcycle Helmet + GDM SUPERSONIC Bluetooth Headset bundle is a great option for anyone looking for a Bluetooth motorcycle helmet that offers both safety and comfort.
When it comes to buying a Bluetooth motorcycle helmet, there are several key factors to consider to ensure you get the best product for your needs. Here are some features to look for when shopping for a Bluetooth motorcycle helmet:
One of the most important features to consider is connectivity. Make sure the helmet you choose has Bluetooth connectivity that is compatible with your smartphone or other devices. This will allow you to listen to music, take phone calls, and use GPS navigation without having to stop and remove your helmet.
Another important consideration is battery life. Look for a helmet with a long battery life that can last for several hours of use. This will ensure that you can stay connected on long rides without having to worry about running out of battery.
The audio quality of the helmet is also important. Look for a helmet with high-quality speakers that provide clear and crisp sound. Some helmets also come with noise-cancelling technology, which can help reduce wind noise and other distractions while riding.
Fit and Comfort
Finally, make sure the helmet fits well and is comfortable to wear. Look for helmets with adjustable padding and straps, as well as ventilation systems to keep you cool and comfortable on hot days.
By considering these features when shopping for a Bluetooth motorcycle helmet, you can ensure that you get a product that meets your needs and provides a safe and comfortable riding experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
What features should I look for in a high-quality Bluetooth motorcycle helmet?
When looking for a high-quality Bluetooth motorcycle helmet, there are a few features you should consider. Firstly, you should look for a helmet with a reliable Bluetooth connection and good audio quality. Other important features include noise-cancellation technology, long battery life, and a comfortable fit. You may also want to consider helmets with additional features such as GPS navigation, voice commands, and the ability to connect to other devices.
How do I compare audio quality in different Bluetooth motorcycle helmets?
Comparing audio quality in different Bluetooth motorcycle helmets can be difficult as it is subjective. However, you can look for helmets that offer noise-cancellation technology, high-quality speakers, and a good microphone. You can also read reviews and ask for recommendations from other riders to get an idea of which helmets offer the best audio quality.
Are there any safety trade-offs with helmets that have built-in Bluetooth?
No, there are no safety trade-offs with helmets that have built-in Bluetooth. In fact, many Bluetooth helmets are designed with safety in mind, offering features such as noise-cancellation technology that can help improve situational awareness while riding. However, it is important to ensure that the helmet is DOT or ECE certified to ensure it meets safety standards.
What battery life can I expect from a Bluetooth-enabled motorcycle helmet?
The battery life of a Bluetooth-enabled motorcycle helmet can vary depending on the specific model and usage. However, most helmets offer a battery life of around 8-12 hours of talk time and up to 300 hours of standby time. It is important to check the manufacturer’s specifications for the specific helmet you are interested in to get an idea of the battery life.
How does a Bluetooth motorcycle helmet integrate with other devices?
A Bluetooth motorcycle helmet can integrate with other devices such as smartphones and GPS systems. This allows you to listen to music, take phone calls, and receive GPS directions directly through your helmet. Some helmets also offer voice commands, allowing you to control your phone or GPS without having to take your hands off the handlebars.
What are the advantages of a full-face helmet with Bluetooth over a regular helmet?
A full-face helmet with Bluetooth offers several advantages over a regular helmet. Firstly, it offers better protection, covering the entire head and face. Secondly, it offers better noise-cancellation technology, which can help improve situational awareness while riding. Finally, it offers the convenience of hands-free communication and entertainment, allowing you to stay connected while on the road.